Why Spring is Important for Pest Management
There are lots of things to like about Springtime. However, it’s also the season that common
pests reappear. Bees, ants, mosquitos, rodents, and more, all with a mind to eat and breed.
While you’re out enjoying the warmer weather, give some thought to insect control and
mice removal and how the professionals at Tabor Services can help.
Tips for Springtime pest management:
Properly Store and Dispose of Food and Waste
Pests can’t survive without food, water, and shelter, which is why gardens, garbage, standing
water, and discarded food are popular hotspots. You can significantly decrease the chances of
a pest infestation by following these tips for the storage and disposal of food and waste.
- Keep trash bins tightly covered and empty them frequently.
- Store pet food in a sealed container.
- Consider adding a fence around your garden or constructing a cover.
Even a small pool of water or a slowly leaking pipe can generate enough water to attract
springtime pests. These spots only get warmer and more humid as the calendar turns to
Summer, creating prime conditions for pests to mate and produce eggs. Effective moisture
control is necessary, and we recommend that you:
- Repair plumbing leaks as soon as possible.
- Get rid of standing water such as that found in birdbaths and pool covers.
- Trim tall grass.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean and clear.
- Remove moisture collectors, such as tires.
- Keep your basement, attic, and crawl space dry and well ventilated.
Protect Your Home’s Perimeter
Openings in your home’s perimeter provide the perfect entrance for unwanted guests. Our
innovative spider removal
techniques are a valuable asset, but we also recommend that you
inspect your property and take the following steps:
- Seal gaps and cracks around the structure. Use weatherproof caulk for any gaps and
cracks smaller than ½ inch. For larger openings, expandable foam sealant is an
- Repair broken screens and windows.
- Trim all encroaching trees and shrubs.
Comprehensive Spring Cleaning
What would a typical Spring be without some spring cleaning? Start by wiping up food spills and
making sure food items are safely stored, and then move into a full spring inspection and
cleaning. For example:
- Promptly cleaning up after every meal preparation.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Never store food on the floor.
- Institute a consistent cleaning routine, including sweeping, mopping, drain cleaning, and
- Undertake a deep cleaning and decluttering at least twice a year. Since snakes, bugs,
and insects love to hide in trash and debris, make sure to clear away all the clutter from
your property, such as brush piles and excess leaves. Also, don’t neglect the areas
under porches, decks, and stairs.
Contact Our Licensed Pest Professionals Today
Where one pest goes, many follow–so the minute you lay eyes on a mouse, ant, or roach this
spring, contact our professional pest control company. We’ll get things under control quickly,
using the latest termite, beetle, and wasp control
solutions to eliminate any chance of